Territory Technical Manager
LOCATION: Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam
COMPANY INTRODUCTION: Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. subsidiary, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment. For the latest news, information, or an online demonstration, visit our Web site (www.solidworks.com) or call 1-800-693-9000 (outside of North America, call +1-978-371-5000).
SUMMARY: We are looking for an energetic, highly-driven technical business development professional to drive the technical sales of SOLIDWORKS solutions (3D Design, Data Management, Simulation, and Technical Publishing).
It is the Territory Technical Manager’s responsibility to ensure that customers/prospects receive the benefits of SOLIDWORKS solutions to their multi-seat networked CAD needs. Working with VARs and Solution Partners, the Territory Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring the integration of the SOLIDWORKS solutions and addressing the customer’s design automation requirements over multiple locations.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Directs and coordinates Pre-Sales activities together with the VARs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Managing and supporting benchmarks and demos together with VARs to win prospects
- Coaching VAR technical employees about SOLIDWORKS products (CAD, PDM, Simulation, and SOLIDWORKS Composer)
- Managing all technical activities of major account projects
- Organize and manage technical sales seminars across Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam
- Deliver valuable information about the competition adapted to the local Market
- Expand the corporate demos to local needs
- Present SOLIDWORKS in live-demos during tradeshows and seminars
- Coordinate Technical Support activities with VAR and SOLIDWORKS Tech Support group to increase technical services quality and improve customer satisfaction
- Support the Sales and Marketing team of Dassault Systèmes’ Professional Channel
- Support the local Users Group across Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field is highly desirable with a strong knowledge in CAD and PDM.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, VARs, and DS SOLIDWORKS Corp. in English
- Ability to apply advanced CAD concepts, such as 2D, 3D, Translators, and Solution Partners
- Advanced experiences in implementing CAD-concepts and PDM application
- Very good knowledge in Finite Element Analysis, Sustainable design, and Technical Documentation
- Ability to manage, handle, and control implementation projects and evaluation projects
- Ability to detect technical objectives and deliver arguments to the advantage of 3DS SOLIDWORKS
- Knowledge of the Mechanical Design Automation / PDM / CAE / MCAD market is very strongly preferred
- Experience of technical selling products competitive to SOLIDWORKS is a plus
- Actual design work experience with CAD systems, especially SOLIDWORKS, is a big plus
- Must be willing to travel 60 - 75%
- Ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, superior organizational / time management skills, and a make-it-happen attitude
- Ability to communicate in Malay or Chinese or Vietnamese is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS Corp. offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience, that is above average in the local community. Benefits include Pension Plan, Healthcare coverage, and vacation and holiday time.
Send your resume to Christine.Lim@3ds.com