Software Engineer – CAD Assemblies
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer – CAD Assemblies
LOCATION: Boston Campus ~ Waltham, MACOMPANY INTRODUCTION:
Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
This position is for a software engineer to join the SolidWorks CAD Assembly Modeling application development group within the R&D division. This engineer will design and implement new user functionality in the Assembly Modeling portion of the SolidWorks product. Projects will be vertical in nature including, but not limited to, the user interface, geometric modeling and geometric utilities aspects of the code. This individual will work closely with product definition and other assembly team members in implementing new software solutions or eliminating limitations which prevent the successful use of SolidWorks mechanical design software. The individual will continually be challenged to assist in removing limitations or to extend system capabilities in the areas of CAD Assembly Modeling. The work is heavily dependent upon effective programming capabilities as well as understanding a complex CAD architecture. The individual will be part of a highly qualified and successful goal orientated team.
BS degree required, prefer higher levels of academic achievement – degree in Mathematics, Scientific or Engineering discipline, Computer Science.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of computer science and CAD modeling
• Experience with developing / using the following is desirable: 3-D modeling techniques, geometric constraint systems, data structures and algorithms, 3-D graphics systems
• A strong intuitive understanding of ease-of-use is essential
• Must have demonstrated the ability to design and implement software algorithms as part of an overall complex software system
• The individual must possess good programming skills with a working knowledge of CAD systems
• Requires hands-on experience with all Windows OS development environments including MS Dev Studio, Visual C++, and MFC
• The individual should demonstrate an awareness and understanding of achieving goals and meeting milestones with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Minimum of 3 or more years software engineering experience in 3-D CAD systems or computer graphics or comparable educational experience
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee and dependents, as well as employee life, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks vacation, and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
For immediate consideration, Please apply on-line: http://www.3ds.com/company/jobs-careers/join-us/