Territory Technical Manager
JOB TITLE: Territory Technical Manager
LOCATION: Major Airport in the North East corridor of North America
Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
• Provide comprehensive technical pre-sales support to SolidWorks Professional Channel Value Added Resellers and employees including developing and training personnel on product demonstrations, product positioning, and competitive overviews.
• Serve as a product liaison for SolidWorks Enterprise PDM offering for pre-sales activities.
• Deliver product presentations to prospects both at the end user and senior management level. Analyze and track reseller competencies and technical delivery.
• Deliver valuable information about the competition adapted to the local market
• Help develop and answer RFP’s.
• Closely work with the local Major Account team, Product Marketing, and Development groups as well as national trade show and user group support.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3 to 7 years MCAD/CAE/PDM industry experience. Recent college grads desiring a career in technical software sales with basic database skills and knowledge will be considered.
EDUCATION: BS (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering (or similar).
• Knowledge in manufacturing company’s product development processes.
• Knowledgeable in the basics of 3D modeling (SolidWorks preferred) and the interdependencies they create between parts, assemblies, drawings.
• Prior experience in providing technical sales support for software products similar to the SolidWorks family of products such as SolidWorks, Enterprise PDM, Simulation, SolidWorks Composer is a big plus.
• Proven strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent customer relations skills.
• Proficiency with Windows applications and a basic understanding of Visual Basic technology.
• Actual mechanical design work experience and a solid understanding of the engineering document release process (ECO/ECN) coupled with a technical sales background is a plus.
• Ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciation of aggressive goals, and superior organizational/time management skills and a make-it-happen attitude
• Ability to listen to customers, understand the requirement and demonstrate the solutions using SolidWorks Simulation
• Be a self-motivator and require little management involvement in order to get the job done
• This position requires 65% combined overnight and local travel.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes/SolidWorks offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes/SolidWorks is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.