Senior Technical Writer – DS SolidWorks
JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Writer – DS SolidWorks
LOCATION: Boston Campus ~ Waltham, MACOMPANY INTRODUCTION: Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Position Description: Document a Product Data Management (PDM) connector between the SolidWorks CAD design product and the ENOVIA database. The product documentation includes installation, administration, and end-user online help. Gain technical expertise by discovering and dealing with installation prerequisites, by installing, configuring, and using the software independently, and by meeting with key contributors. Meet tight deadlines. Duties include: researching, writing, authoring online help, working with other cross-brand groups in the company to adhere to quality standards for all documentation, supporting language translation.
Education: B.S. /B.A. or higher (preferably in engineering, math or science, or computer-related field); Software Technical Writing degree or certification.
• A minimum of 5-8 years writing documentation for system administrators, engineers, and a technically-sophisticated audience of design engineers who use the product. Experience in a highly-technical environment, preferably a Product Data Management (PDM) or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) company, is preferred.
• The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A desire to work in a collaborative, cross-brand, multicultural environment is essential, as are superior organizational and time management skills.
• Experience with XML DITA is required. Experience with the XMetaL application is strongly preferred.
• The ideal candidate possesses a high degree of flexibility and independence, with the ability to persevere through challenging environments across multiple teams.
• Familiarity with server and database installation and configuration is a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.