Senior Technical Support Engineer - Solidworks
JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Support Engineer - Solidworks
LOCATION: Woodland Hills, CA
Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation is seeking an individual to provide technical support to resellers and end users of its Product Data Management (PDM) products.
• Diagnose and solve a range of issues, including, but not limited to: software deployment, networking, platform inter-operability, PDM and PLM systems, SQL, migration strategies, installation and licensing, software performance, and hardware problems.
• Provide resolution to technical support issues in a professional and timely manner.
• Develop workarounds and operating techniques when needed and communicate them to customers and resellers.
• Work cross-functionally with the Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Definition groups to investigate and resolve problems.
• Conduct webinars/support training to the reseller support staff to enhance their support skill set.
• Develop and implement web based support including knowledge base articles, technical and operational techniques, and technical documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
Ideally, experienced with SQL database systems, network IT management, and/or PDM/PLM systems.
• Previous experience using SolidWorks Product Data Management products is preferred but not required.
• Excellent working knowledge of PC based computer systems, networks, installation, product activation and Active Directory deployment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. The support engineer will be supporting SolidWorks clients remotely through phone, email, or internet correspondence.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong people/client skills desired.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to coordinate projects and work with various departments within the organization.
• Fluency in English and at least one other language is highly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.