Charter for Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. Community sites.
The purpose of the Community Sites:
1. Discuss designing, drafting, programming, and administration of DS SolidWorks CAD systems and SolidWorks-related products.
2. Share ideas, information, and specific experience regarding the use of DS SolidWorks and SolidWorks-related products.
3. Discuss third-party add-on products for DS SolidWorks offerings.
4. Discuss enhancements concerning DS SolidWorks and SolidWorks-related products.
5. Educate and inform others about the strengths, weaknesses, and general usage of DS SolidWorks and SolidWorks-related products.
Rules of Etiquette within the Community Sites:
2. Post your messages to the appropriate group.
3. Do not cross post messages to multiple groups.
4. Be descriptive and provide complete information when posting to the groups. For example include the product version and computer-related information (i.e., operating system, etc.).
5. Treat others in the group professionally and courteously.
6. Do not post flames or personal attacks to other users.
7. Always try to be constructive and helpful to others within the groups.
8. Write as you would within a letter using upper and lower case as appropriate.
9. Pay attention to spelling, grammar, and tone.
10. Always discuss and treat people within the group as you would in person.
11. Ask for clarification, or suggest corrections gently -- via mail. Remember that people make mistakes, and so do you.
12. If you're truly angry, take a break before responding and get some perspective. It is difficult to convey emotions via an electronic medium. Your message can easily be misconstrued by the others within the group.
13. While we welcome conversations comparing and contrasting DS SolidWorks with other platforms, especially in regard to individuals seeking pre-purchase advice, we ask that you do not actively attempt to sell or market competing applications in the forums.