Technology Educator Competency Exam
Technology Educator Competency Exam (TECE) is intended for educators that teach using SolidWorks software in a classroom setting. The TECE demonstrates technical proficiency in classroom instruction for 3D CAD, simulation and sustainable design. Educators must be registered as a Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) Provider.
Who should take the TECE
The TECE is intended for all educators with basic knowledge of SolidWorks and how SolidWorks is applied in a design environment.
Organization of the TECE
The TECE is divided into 6 basic categories.
Overview of SolidWorks and SolidWorks Resources for Educators
- 3D Modeling concepts
- SolidWorks User Interface
- Open, Save, and Copy Files
- Curriculum and Community Resources for Educators and Student
Part Modeling Basics
- Creating new parts
- Sketching concepts
- Geometric relations
- Creating Features
- View Orientation
- Reuse of geometry
- Modifying a part
- Photorealistic rendering
Assembly Modeling Basics
- Creating new assemblies
- Mate types
- Degrees of Freedom
- Manipulating components
- Display Modes
- Drawing concepts and good engineering drawing practices
- Views and view orientation in a drawing
- Detailed drawings of parts and assemblies
- Sheet Formats and Drawing Templates
SolidWorks Sustainability Overview
- Sustainable Design Concepts
- Measure environmental impacts of various design choices
- Understand environmental factors
- Manufacturing and material selection choices
SolidWorks Simulation Overview
- Simulation concepts
- Understand why analysis is important in a design
- Know the process of calculating a stress analysis
- Additional simulation and analysis types in SolidWorks
Format of the TECE
The TECE requires the applicant to answer 30 questions in multiple choice and multiple answer format. A score of 80% or higher is required to pass.
TECE Certificate of Completion
After the applicant passes the TECE and signs the required agreements, you receive a TECE Certificate of Completion. As a CSWA Provider, the applicant is eligible to take the CSWA exam.
How do I get my SolidWorks Accredited Educator Certification?
To receive the SolidWorks Accredited Educator Certification, the applicant must
- be registered as a Certified SolidWorks Provider
- take and pass the TECE
- take and pass the CSWA
Certificates can be verified and printed from the SolidWorks Certification Center.