Formula SAE and Formula Student
SOLIDWORKS is proud to sponsor the Formula SAE®, Formula Student, Baja SAE®, and Supermileage Challenge competitions.
In these events, university students gain meaningful real-world experience designing, building, testing, and competing with original automotive designs in a team environment. Interested in applying for team sponsorship? Please complete our online Sponsorship Application.
Successful teams must meet all the challenges of today’s automotive industry: communication, deadlines, budgets, and teamwork. This is why Formula SAE and Formula Student organizations attract the best and brightest. It’s also why future automotive industry innovation takes shape here today. SOLIDWORKS offers each team complete tools and support to help them succeed in their competition.
The SOLIDWORKS Team Sponsorship Kit
SOLIDWORKS Student Edition
- A personal 3D CAD license with advanced surfacing
- Motion Analysis for kinematic/dynamic simulation, including event-based studies
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for structural, thermal, impact, and optimization studies
- CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) for fluid and thermal studies
- Environmental Impact Analysis of carbon footprint, energy use, material comparison, and more
- Costing Analysis estimates of part manufacturing costs that adjust whenever you modify your design
- Workgroup PDM data management software to track revisions, ownership, and more for your SOLIDWORKS models and related design documents
- Over 100 tutorials built right into the SOLIDWORKS product, including one specially developed for Formula competition
- 30 YouTube videos in the SOLIDWORKS Formula SAE tutorial playlist
SOLIDWORKS Education Facebook Page
- View the latest tips and tricks from SOLIDWORKS experts as well as your peers
- Share your ideas
- Post your models and get feed back
Click on the links below to learn about entering and competing, see team web pages, view competition photos, and check out previous winning designs.
SOLIDWORKS in the Automotive Industry
Read how professional engineers are using SOLIDWORKS software to design automotive parts.