Formula SAE and Formula Student
SOLIDWORKS is proud to sponsor the Formula SAE®, Formula Student, Baja SAE®, and Supermileage Challenge competitions.
In these events, university students gain meaningful real-world experience designing, building, testing, and competing with original automotive designs in a team environment. Interested in applying for team sponsorship? Please complete our online Sponsorship Application.
Successful teams must meet all the challenges of today’s automotive industry: communication, deadlines, budgets, and teamwork. This is why Formula SAE and Formula Student organizations attract the best and brightest. It’s also why future automotive industry innovation takes shape here today. SOLIDWORKS offers each team complete tools and support to help them succeed in their competition.
The SOLIDWORKS Team Sponsorship Kit
With SOLIDWORKS Education sponsorship, you get these software packages at no charge:
- SOLIDWORKS Premium, Simulation Premium, Flow Simulation, MBD Standard, Plastics, Sustainability (3D CAD software)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (electrical systems design tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (technical documentation tools)
- Over 100 tutorials built right into the SOLIDWORKS product, including one specially developed for Formula competition
- 30 YouTube videos in the SOLIDWORKS Formula SAE tutorial playlist
SOLIDWORKS Education Facebook Page
- View the latest tips and tricks from SOLIDWORKS experts as well as your peers
- Share your ideas
- Post your models and get feed back
Click on the links below to learn about entering and competing, see team web pages, view competition photos, and check out previous winning designs.
SOLIDWORKS in the Automotive Industry
Read how professional engineers are using SOLIDWORKS software to design automotive parts.