Product Data Management Trainer/Course Developer
JOB TITLE: Product Data Management Trainer/Course Developer
LOCATION: Waltham, MACOMPANY INTRODUCTION: Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Position Description: You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining compelling and effective course materials used to train our customers in the deployment, use, and implementation of SolidWorks Product Data Management (PDM) and mechanical computer-aided design applications. The course materials consist of print-based training manuals for classroom-based instructor-led training, electronic and print-based self-guided tutorials, and media-based online learning content.
- Design and develop training and education materials for use in the post-sales environment. These training materials will include instructor-led courseware and web-based training.
- Adhere to all necessary style guides and templates for all training-related deliverables.
- Deliver technical product training courses to our value-added resellers, solution partners, and employees.
- Work effectively with subject matter experts in SolidWorks Enterprise Product Data Management and mechanical computer-aided design software.
- Work effectively with Product Definition, Development, Technical Support, and our technical sales team to develop and provide innovative and sound training solutions.
- Travel is required, both domestically and internationally; individual may be required to travel to multiple cities/countries within any given week; occasionally trips spanning two weeks will be required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
Requirements: Ideal candidates will have experience in training, technical writing, instructional design and course development in a professional environment.
- Experience with SQL database systems.
- Extensive experience developing training materials for technical subjects such as computer-aided design and product data management software.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills, including detail-oriented technical writing and the ability to convey complex technical information in a logical, easy to understand manner.
- Proven ability to quickly learn all aspects of complex topics and subjects.
- In-depth understanding of and experience with product data management workflow in a product engineering environment.
- Industry experience with product data management implementation.
- Understanding of "best-practices" relative to product data management. Management of ECOs, Item Master, BOMs, Routings and associated engineering drawings/documents, work instructions.
- Must provide sample(s) of course development projects.
- Will be required to demonstrate above average teaching ability through a behavioral simulation/performance assessment.
- Experience developing web-based training and the associated technologies a plus.
- Mechanical design (CAD) experience a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.