Product Manager - Communities
JOB TITLE: Product Manager – Communities
LOCATION: Waltham, MA
COMPANY INTRODUCTION: Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Position Description: This position reports into the Product Management function within the SOLIDWORKS brand of Dassault Systèmes, and will be responsible for providing requirements and specifications leadership for the SOLIDWORKS Community and associated products and experiences. Interfacing with all internal departments inside Dassault Systems, this position also has the responsibility to contribute to positioning and messaging activity and cross-functional go-to-market planning for assigned products. This position is ideal for an individual experienced in selling, supporting or using software solutions for mechanical and other types of design, and who has a passion for networking and participating in communities. Travel is expected to be approximately 15%.
- Interface with customers and prospects to directly understand their needs and how future products may address these needs
- Research market requirements including data gathering through analyst reports, trade press, social media and surveys
- Analyze customer usage data with the goal of understanding and communicating how customers are deriving value from our solutions, and where they can be improved.
- Identify and drive product gaps and new opportunities based on cost/benefit analysis and thorough business case justification
- Develop product direction in support of the community strategy, as well as requirements, specifications, messages, positioning, and go-to-market plan
- Generate materials that clearly articulate the benefits and advantages of participating in the SOLIDWORKS community
- Establish advantages/disadvantages in comparison to competitive offerings for use by SOLIDWORKS sales team
- Understand the performance of a product in the market, the reasons why it is or isn’t achieving against objectives, and generate a plan for responding to positioning and product issues
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years of experience as a product manager, applications or support engineer, or business analyst, with a proven track record of success.
Education: BS required, MBA preferred.
Requirements: Experience in launching, selling, supporting or developing software solutions for design. A demonstrated passion for networking and participating in social communities, and a passion for engaging with customers. Experience with cloud solutions. Strong analytical skills. Strong communication skills are required ranging from the ability to present to large groups of customers to smaller groups of senior management.
- Highly motivated self starter, willing to travel
- Proven ability to communicate ideas with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the design software market; experience with SOLIDWORKS is a plus
- Enjoys defining requirements for solving customer problems
- Enjoys writing functional specifications for solving customer problems, or has experience serving as product owner in a scrum team
- Project management skills with demonstrable cross functional team leadership
- Strong organization skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.