Hole Misalignment and Thread Mismatch in Assembly Design
|Video: Hole Misalignment||
To help ensure that your designs will assemble correctly, use SolidWorks 3D design software to quickly check that all mating parts, mounting holes, and fasteners are aligned and that threads match. Checking for hole misalignment and thread mismatch during the design phase accelerates the overall product development process, saving time and rework costs, and while making you more productive.
Hole Misalignment and Thread Mismatch Overview
Prior to manufacturing, SolidWorks confirms hole alignment between mating components in assembly designs to ensure proper fit. This alignment applies both to components to be assembled and those that hold the design together (screws, bolts, pins, etc.). The Hole Alignment tool is especially good for confirming complex linear and circular hole patterns. In addition, interferences can be detected resulting from mismatched threads, misaligned threads, or other interfering geometry.
Specific SolidWorks features include:
- Find and compare alignment of holes created using SolidWorks Hole Wizard
- Find and compare alignment of holes and cylindrical cut features
- Confirm complex linear and circular patterns of holes
- Set allowance for hole center deviation before running hole alignment check
- Check and identify thread mismatch between holes and fasteners