CAD File Conversion
Electrical CAD and Mechanical CAD data exchange using CircuitWorks™
Easily translate your design data “from” and “to” other design and manufacturing tools with SolidWorks 3D design software. Work with CAD data from a wide variety of systems to create new designs based on translated data, accelerating your design process, saving time and development costs, and increasing productivity.
CAD File Conversion Overview
Often the CAD data you need to use exists in a format that is not directly compatible with your design system. Since designers use different tools, and because older versions are constantly being replaced with new ones, it is important that your design software can translate data “from” and “to” other design and manufacturing tools.
SolidWorks provides a variety of translators with broad capability to import and export file data, enabling you to work with a wide range of suppliers and customers. Speed your product development by easily converting data to “intelligent” SolidWorks CAD geometry from existing data (both 2D and 3D) and modify the geometry and even create many new designs based on the initial design. Solidworks file conversion capabilities include:
- CAD Import and Export —Convert CAD data into a format to meet your needs
- Sheet Metal Data Exchange—Convert imported CAD data directly to SolidWorks sheet metal models and automatically input your own bend radius, thickness, and K-factor
- Maintain Existing 2D CAD Drawings — Use DraftSight™ to maintain existing 2D CAD data
- 2D to 3D CAD Conversion Tools—Create 3D CAD models from 2D CAD data
- Automatic Feature Recognition — Make future design changes faster by automatically converting non-SolidWorks data to native SolidWorks features
- Electrical CAD and Mechanical CAD data exchange —Use CircuitWorks™ to provide two-way data exchange between Electrical CAD and Mechanical CAD designers
- ScanTo3D —Facilitate reverse engineering with SolidWorks ScanTo3D to convert scanned data into SolidWorks 3D geometry