CAD Output to Manufacturing
The form tool for sheet metal design makes output to manufacturing easy
CAD Output to Manufacturing Overview
Improving the exchange of data from design to manufacturing is among the best ways to speed up the delivery of new designs. SolidWorks provides a direct link to all types of manufacturing machinery to get your designs to manufacturing quickly and accurately.
Output the specific types of data needed by modern manufacturing facilities, as well as production-ready 2D drawings and other documentation for the shop floor. For a fully integrated CAD/CAM solution, SolidWorks Gold Certified CAM partners provide CAM software that is completely integrated inside SolidWorks, ensuring the tightest integration of design and manufacturing.
SolidWorks CAD output to manufacturing provides:
- 3D Output for 3D CAM —Output SolidWorks 3D CAD files and over 30 industry formats used in programming 3D CAM
- CAD/CAM Solution Partner Integration —Automatically update NC tool paths directly inside SolidWorks software without the need for data translation, using CAM products from SolidWorks Certified Gold Solution partners
- Export DXF and DWG to Manufacturing —Automatically export CNC-ready DXF™ and DWG™ file information directly from SolidWorks 3D models or from 2D drawings
- 3D Output for Rapid Prototyping —Output STL and other file formats used for rapid prototype equipment directly from SolidWorks 3D models
- Export other types of manufacturing-ready output —Export many other types of manufacturing-ready data directly for your 3D model and 2D drawings, helping increase productivity, lower costs, and accelerate time-to-market
Detailed information about additional SolidWorks functionality supporting manufacturing can be found at: