Design for Cost: Manufacturing Cost Estimation and Quoting with SOLIDWORKS Costing
|Video: SOLIDWORKS Costing||
Save time and development costs, avoid redesigns, and increase productivity by continuously checking your designs against cost targets with automated manufacturing cost estimation tools fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
Manufacturing Cost Estimation and Quoting Overview
SOLIDWORKS automatic cost estimation tools are fully integrated with 3D CAD, enabling designers and engineers to continuously check their designs against cost targets. Easily monitor manufacturing costs as you design, thereby avoiding costly redesigns and production delays later on. Manufacturers can also utilize SOLIDWORKS cost estimation tools to automate their quoting process. Cost estimation and quoting capabilities include:
- Automatic Manufacturing Cost Estimation and Quoting/Design for Cost — Assess manufacturing cost for sheet metal and machined parts in real time as you design, with automatic updates every time the design is changed
- Customizable Manufacturing Settings — Customize costing inputs based on company and regional conditions
- Design optimization for cost, function, and environmental impact — Change your design, remove material, or change material based on the results generated by simulation tools included with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software
- Assembly Cost Roll Up (SOLIDWORKS Premium only) — Roll up the costs of all manufactured and purchased components in your entire assembly. The Assembly Cost Roll Up capability streamlines the process of totaling the costs of all components in an assembly. You can even add Custom Operations, like painting or packaging, to the top-level of the assembly.
- On-Line Cost Estimates via the MySolidWorks Manufacturing Network – From SOLIDWORKS, get instant cost estimates from any manufacturer in the MySolidWorks Manufacturing Network (www.my.solidworks.com/mfg) that participates in the On-Line Costing program. Select additional custom processes and
save cost estimate reports.