Automatic Manufacturing Cost Estimation
|Video: SolidWorks Costing||
Optimize designs, make informed decisions, and save time and development costs using SolidWorks 3D CAD software to automatically generate real-time manufacturing cost estimates for sheet metal and machined parts.
Automatic Manufacturing Cost Estimation Overview
For the first time, designers can get automatic, real-time estimates of part manufacturing costs for sheet metal and machined parts with SolidWorks Costing, using built-in cost templates that can be customized for your specific operation. Design and manufacturing groups can share knowledge directly through the templates, enabling designers to make more informed product design decisions based on automatic cost estimation.
SolidWorks Costing functionality includes the ability to:
- Design to a cost target using fast, repeatable data analysis
- Automatically track costs for both native SolidWorks or non-native imported models as the design develops
- Automate the quoting process for manufacturing
- Customize standard cost templates as needed to mirror in-house or outsourced manufacturing environments
- Update costs automatically with every design change—no extra work required
- Share manufacturing knowledge directly between design and manufacturing through costing templates