Use SolidWorks 3D design to streamline the design and manufacture of welded structures, frames, and bases that form the backbone of products developed in many industries. Quickly create designs that have extrusions and generate cut lists and bills of materials needed for manufacturing. SolidWorks accelerates the design process, saving time and development costs, and increasing productivity.
Weldments Design Overview
SolidWorks weldments design functionality enables you to design a weldment structure as a single multibody part, sketching the basic framework, creating structural members with groups of sketch segments, and adding elements like gussets and end caps to complete the structure.
- Work from a library of pre-defined structural shapes
- Generate 3D sketch lines for structural profiles to follow
- Automatically trim structural members at intersections
- Add stiffening plates, gussets, and end caps
- Add optional weld beads to the design
- Generate drawings, BOMs, cut lists, and other manufacturing documentation