3D QuickTools Limited: 3DQuickForm
About 3D QuickTools Limited:
Our mission is to enable tooling engineers to use the power of 3D design. 3D QuickTools is a company that is 100 percent focused on the mold and die industry. We have a history of providing high-quality, progressive die design solutions since 1994.
3DQuickForm® is a powerful SolidWorks® add-in application for inverse forming simulation. High speed, accuracy, and full associativity with SolidWorks data are taken into consideration to make 3DQuickForm the perfect production design tool for die designers. Users can either import different types of CAD data or build die geometries in the SolidWorks environment for the forming studies. It helps OEM manufacturers, material suppliers, and die manufacturers to deliver precision tooling in the shortest time and with minimum physical tryouts. The built-in mesher is automatic and allows user adjustment to meet user needs in different situations. Tool designers may fully concentrate on the die design processes and virtual tryouts. Simulations are run in a project-driven manner and support multiple projects, thus streamlining design feasibility study, process simulation, and optimization. Simulation results are displayed to show the initial blank shape, different material thickness, and stress/strain distribution. The customizable material database allows designers to test their design with different materials. Fully integrated with SolidWorks, 3DQuickForm is easy to use and rich in functions.
- Fast and accurate blank shape generation
- Get blank contours of parts that cannot be folded/unstamped in traditional ways
- Customizable material database
- Support fixed edges/faces
- Graphical plots of thinning and thickening of materials, stress/strain, etc.
- Short learning curve
- Quickly compare multiple solutions for a stamped component
- Facilitate the material usage calculation in quotation phase
- Handle complex blank shapes and forming features
- Complete integration with 3DQuickPress, providing the blank shapes for the die design process