Breault Research Organization: APEX
About Breault Research Organization:
Breault Research Organization (BRO) offers optical software products, including the SolidWorks add-in APEX(r), and training courses to help engineers turn creative visions into working prototypes. The company's own engineers consult on optical design projects for Fortune 500 companies, research institutions, and top government labs. In over three decades of innovation, BRO has contributed to the success of engineering projects for thousands of clients. BRO is ISO 9001:2008 registered.
Available as an add-in to the industry-standard SolidWorks 3D-modeling environment, and based on BRO's ASAP(r) kernel technology, APEX(r) has been developed for the design and analysis of optical and illumination systems using an easy-to-follow workflow. APEX delivers powerful optical software tools in a true CAD interface.
With the full power and sophistication of SolidWorks in APEX, there is no need to translate, bridge or link between two separate programs. In APEX, you learn, create, design, and analyze in the same program environment, and that environment is all about ease of use. APEX seamlessly melds the worlds of computer-aided design and optical engineering, resulting in an "optics aware" design application.
In APEX, no CAD restrictions are placed on your optical components. Rather, APEX combines the power of SolidWorks geometry modeling with the rigor and precision needed for virtual prototyping of optical systems. Optical components created in APEX have optical tolerances and blend seamlessly into larger system models, including electrical, mechanical, and other system components.
APEX is an optical engineering application tailor-made to meet the requirements of today's engineering R&D groups, whether big or small, and is opening up new possibilities for the future of optics. Optical and mechanical engineers can finally work side-by-side on the same files. APEX files are SolidWorks files. Experimenting, evaluating, and innovating couldn't be easier. Welcome to APEX.
- Powerful optical design and analysis add-in for SolidWorks
- Ease-of-use and easy-to-follow engineering workflow
- Comprehensive libraries of sources, lenses, media, coatings, and scatter models
- Fast and accurate optical simulation via non-sequential ray tracing
- Comprehensive and flexible analysis capabilities
- Save time and money with virtual prototyping
- Accelerated engineering innovation
- Results supported by 30+ years of optics expertise
- Supports collaboration between optical and mechanical engineers
- Comes with premium development and support from BRO