Next Limit Technologies: Maxwell Render
About Next Limit Technologies:
Next Limit Technologies provides cutting-edge simulation technologies for a broad range of applications in computer graphics, science and engineering.
Next Limits products include "RealFlow" (comprehensive toolkit for fluid and physical dynamics simulation for visual effects industries), "Maxwell Render" (physically correct light simulation and render engine), and “XFlow” (new computational fluid dynamics software for engineering applications).
All products have been developed using proprietary technology, are available for multiple platforms, and connect seamlessly with most major applications in the DCC and CAD markets.
Maxwell Render™ is a physically correct, unbiased rendering engine. By calculating complex mathematics, Maxwell Render is capable of simulating light exactly as in the real world. Maxwell Render does not use tricks to imitate real-world behavior like other render software.
Maxwell Render™ is the perfect solution for high-end rendering for photographic quality and advanced lighting, especially in areas such as architecture, interior design, industrial/product design, prototyping, and film/TV production. Maxwell Render™ has been acclaimed as a landmark in next-generation rendering technology, having produced the best photorealistic images to date.
Next Limit Technologies has created an add-in for SolidWorks that provides designers with this advanced capability for rendering their SolidWorks parts and assembly scenes.
- Multilight - allows the user to change intensities of individual lights and multiple scene emitters in real time, during and after the rendering process
- Simulens – advanced bloom and glare controls that bring a new level of realism and quality
- Maxwell Materials - materials are modelled in a physically correct manner, and are based on real optical properties. A new Stacked Material system allows complex materials like rust and car paint to be created easily
- Maxwell Displacement – a unique displacement technology which is capable of simulating any details without extra memory consumption
- Physical Sky – offers a wide range of real-life and physically correct parameters to control the look of the sky and the lighting in the scene
- One of the principal characteristics of Maxwell is that the rendering technology is strictly based upon real physical governing
- Maxwell is the first commercial unbiased renderer. Unbiased means that with sufficient render time, the rendered solution will always converge
- Maxwell offers two alternative and friendly ways to use it, minimizing user work time - via Plug-ins or using Maxwell Studio