Sigmetrix, LLC: CETOL 6 Sigma for SOLIDWORKS®
About Sigmetrix, LLC:
Sigmetrix is a global leader in providing precise, easy-to-use mechanical variation analysis and tolerance optimization software for mechanical engineers with its CETOL 6 Sigma Technologies™.
CETOL 6 Sigma is the premier tolerance optimization technology in the world. The software accommodates a number of tolerance management needs through its unique dimensional analysis system that is engineered to support robust product development processes from design through manufacture. Unlike any other tool in the industry, CETOL 6 Sigma is built on 3D Variation Behavior Modeling™ Technology and is fully-integrated with SOLIDWORKS– allowing for precise sensitivity, statistical and worst case scenario tolerance analysis.
Delivering quality products on time and maximizing profit require very precise, efficient analytical tools that are effectively integrated with solid modeling systems. Product analyses must become comprehensive as the design matures through the PLM process. For tolerance management, this maturity evolves from conceptual functional interfaces and critical datum references to accurate, well-defined acceptance criteria for parts, assemblies, tooling, and inspection processes.
Sigmetrix CETOL 6 Sigma accommodates a number of tolerance management needs through its unique dimensional analysis system, which is engineered to support robust product development processes from design through manufacture. Unlike any other tool in the industry, CETOL 6 Sigma is built on 3D Variation Behavior Modeling™ Technology and is fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS®, allowing for precise sensitivity and statistical and worst-case scenario tolerance analysis. This integration allows users to construct reliable 3D mechanical variation models without simplifying the geometry and constraining the analysis to a set of assumptions. Product and part quality is then optimized using the CETOL 6 Sigma Analyzer, which illustrates graphically and numerically how tolerance specifications and manufacturing variations impact product specifications.
CETOL 6 Sigma has streamlined the mechanical variation modeling process and enables SOLIDWORKS® users to get answers early and often in the design process. Their clients experience greater confidence in transitioning products from the design to the preproduction phases. Reductions in rework, scrap, prototype builds, and engineering changes are common results of a proper CETOL implementation.
- Analysis models are constructed using precise native SOLIDWORKS® models
- Comprehensive, kinematic-based assembly modeling
- True assembly sensitivity animation visualizes responses to part and assembly process variations
- Analysis set-up guidance is provided via the CETOL tolerance model advisor
- Analyzer provides advanced results interrogation, quality improvement tools, and automated reporting
- Product quality and time-to-market are accelerated by strategic design team's focus on key variation
- Logical analysis process and user interface result in quick user adoption, reducing start-up time and investment
- Rapid, data-driven decision-making increases productivity by reducing design iterations
- Robust assembly design is achievable, absorbing variation while avoiding costly scrap, rework, and field