Trace Software International: elecworks
About Trace Software International:
As a Software Developer, Trace Software has been providing design and management software solutions since 1990 for the industrial automation and power distribution markets.
elecworks™ is a brand-new and revolutionary, high end electrical and automation CAD package, specifically designed for companies using SolidWorks as their mechanical design tool.
When using elecworks™, users work in real time with the digital mock-up of their electrical or automation project. The product will be used all along the life of the installation from the sales team level to the production team. The whole project is stored into a SQL Server database.
elecworks™ lets users enter data project data from the preliminary research stages. A huge part of the project planning can be achieved without having to do any scheme diagrams, thanks to the processing tools such as the Line Diagram and Components Management features.
From within SolidWorks, users can access elecworks™ data and visualize all the schematics related to their design as well as use the seamless integrated features to bring a new way of sharing information between the mechanical and the electrical teams. This allow for better evaluation of the impact of the electrical needs on the complete design.
The database driven kernel will make it possible to maintain bidirectional links between equipment in the 3D SolidWorks mock-up and the corresponding symbol on the relevant diagram.
From the cable and wiring lists and the connection information in the elecworks Routing and Cabling module, users will be able to design the cabling system on the SolidWorks mock-up and to update the part list table with the different calculated lengths.
This newly conceived software developed with cutting edge technologies, distilling 20+ years of professional experience uses standard formats: Ms-office like ribbons user interface for fast operation, Windows native, SQL databases driven, DWG, sldprt, sldasm graphics files formats.
There is a real integration between projects’ mechanical and electrical views through a unique databases access (also within SolidWorks) which enables real time bidirectional information update. There is no need for data import / export to match schematics & mechanical views.
- Real integration between projects mechanical and electrical views. Unique databases access (also within SolidWorks) enables real time bidirectional information update. There is no need for data import / export to match schematics & mechanical views.
- Single Line Diagram and multi-line schemes integration. The description via the diagram allows rapid definition of equipment and cables, and can also be used as a project costing tool.
- Newly conceived software developed with cutting edge technologies, distilling 20+ years of professional experience. Ms-office like ribbons user interface for fast operation. Windows native, SQL databases driven, DWG, sldprt, sldasm graphics files formats.
- Automatic 3D wiring routing within panels, considering the true cable type and allowing for segregation of cables. Report on trunking fill factors, packing density, number of wires per trunking route etc.
- 3D parts insertion & placement within assemblies. Creation of 3D Cabinets/Panels. Navigate & View drawings, equipment list and wiring list while staying within your familiar SolidWorks user interface.
- Integrate mechanical and electrical teams enabling them to share same projects data, in real time. Ensure seamlessly communication between design members whilst guaranteeing data consistency. Wherever you make a change data are up to date.
- Avoid wasting time creating detailed documentation on equipments’ cabling. Wherever you enter your cabling details, be it detailed schematics, terminals or single line diagrams, automatic updated data and consistency are guaranteed.
- A uniquely innovative product, bringing all new, faster and more reliable working methods with multi-level UNDO/REDO facilities available for all functionalities. Contextual menus and a ribbon interface let you access commands in a natural way.
- Ensure that the installation engineers can easily realise the cabling defined by the design engineers. The shortest possible route between two components reduces design times and cut your mounting & manufacturing costs.
- Place easily the right defined components within the assembly. Within the mechanical 3D model, review all necessary electrical project data being able to add, remove or replace parts and this automatically reflects in schemes.