SPI GmbH: SheetmetalWorks
About SPI GmbH:
SPI headquarters are in Ahrensburg near Hamburg in Germany.
Please contact our German headquarters at 49 41027060 or email us at email@example.com to get connected to your local SPI Partner.
SPI's SheetMetalWorks enhance the respective basic system by adding decisive, tried-and-tested functions – particularly as regards the closed process chain and digital transfer to the respective NC programming system. SPI SheetMetalWorks is fully integrated into the current SOLIDWORKS CAD software and facilitates precise sheet metal unfolding – even in the case of complex constructions. Special libraries are available for unfolding components consisting of a single part or of assemblies, transitions and connections, and can be expanded to accommodate as many of your own parametric components as you like.
The solution specifically addresses the needs of companies involved in the design and manufacture of sheet metal parts and assemblies. It significantly increases the number of ready-to-manufacture products and makes the design process instant, resulting in dramatic time savings between concept and the testing of actual parts. Solids are created and modified quickly solids through an extended, intuitive, and dedicated command set, supporting typical sheet metal operations.
SPI SheetMetalWorks allows easy, fast, and accurate modifications (variants). Once the design is complete, an extremely fast, automatic 2D flat is generated from the 3D solid. During the unfolding calculation the sheet metal part will be automatically analyzed. All bend allowances are calculated.
SPI SheetMetalWorks at a glance:
- Unfolding according to DIN 6935 standards
- Unfolding of imported files tolerances also allow unfolding if inaccuracies appear
- Calculation of unfolding depending on table, k-factor, formula, or TruTops standards
- Additional information for bending programs of Delem and Cybelec
- GEO Export with all bending line information for TruTops
- Unfolding considers production radius depending on bending angle per bend
- Detailed log file with references to solid model
- Alignment of used design radii and real production radii
- Unfolding without reliefs at corners and flanges
- Optional setting of reliefs during the unfolding process
- Arbitrary corner stamps (square, circle, rhombus, laser edge) available
- Arbitrary definition of length of polygon edges to enable nibbling
- Spline or polygon curve representation
- Customizable colors, line styles, and line weights for contour elements, bending lines, and other parts of flat pattern
- Unfolding of freeform surfaces (e.g., lofted parts) and other imported surfaces
- Bending lines and bending zones, bending line table
- Bend marks
- Unfolding of freeform surfaces with creation of bend lines for successive bending
- Unfolding of cylindrical and conical faces with large diameters with an arbitrary number of bends (facets)
- Unfolding of single faces, even of solids
- Unfolding in new drawing view, new part sketch, or in selected open document
- 2D sketch available in SolidWorks without restrictions
- Update of the unfolding after modification of the model is possible
- Library of punching tools
- SPI Component Manager included