SPI GmbH: SheetmetalWorks
About SPI GmbH:
SPI headquarters in Ahrensburg near Hamburg in Germany.
Please contact our German Headquarters 49 4102 70 60 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to your local SPI Partner.
SPI SheetMetalWorks specifically addresses the needs of companies involved in the design and manufacturing of parametric sheet metal parts and assemblies. It leads to significant increase in ready-to-manufacture products and makes the design process instant, resulting in dramatic time savings between concept and the testing of actual parts. Rapid creation and modification of solids is realized through an extended, intuitive, and dedicated command set, supporting typical sheet metal operations.
SPI SheetMetalWorks allows easy, fast and accurate modifications (variants). Once the design is complete, an extreme fast, automatic 2D flat is generated from the 3D Solid. During the unfold calculation the sheet metal part will be automatically analyzed. All bend allowances are calculated.
SPI SheetMetalWorks at a glance:
- Unfolding according to DIN 6935 standards
- Unfolding of imported files - tolerances allow unfolding also if inaccuracies appear
- Calculation of the unfolding depending on table, k-factor, formula or TruTops standards
- Additional information for bending programs of Delem and Cybelec
- GEO Export with all the bending line information for TruTops
- Unfolding considers production radius de pending on the bending angle per bend
- Detailed log fi le with references to the solid model
- Alignment of used design radii and real production radii
- Unfolding without reliefs at corners and flanges
- Optional setting of reliefs during the unfolding process
- Arbitrary corner stamps (square, circle, rhomb, laser edge) available
- Arbitrary defi nition of the length of polygon edges to enable nibbling
- Spline or polygon curve representation
- Customizable colours, linestyles and lineweigths for contour elements, bending lines and other parts of the flat pattern
- Unfolding of freeform surfaces (e.g. lofted parts) or such that had been imported
- Bending lines and bending zones, bending line table
- Bend marks
- Unfolding of freeform surfaces with creation of bend lines for successive bending
- Unfolding of cylindrical and conical faces with large diameters with an arbitrary number of bends (facets)
- Unfolding of single faces even of solids
- Unfolding in a view of a new drawing, in a sketch of a new part or in selected open document
- 2D sketch available in SolidWorks without restrictions
- Update of the unfolding after modification of the model is possible
- Library of punching tools
- SPI Component Manager included