3 Dawn Consulting, LLC: Template Wizard
About 3 Dawn Consulting, LLC:
3 Dawn Consulting provides support for manufacturing companies. We can provide traditional design services such as product design or Finite Element Analysis. However, we also provide a deeper level of assistance such as consulting on business processes such as CAD implementation, training on SolidWorks, or custom programming to automate SolidWorks. 3 Dawn Consulting provides products and services to companies that use SolidWorks. We have developed a number of products that have grown for our work with over 100 companies. We also provide services designing and developing processes, as well as customization (such as macros and add-ons) that streamline a company's product development process.
SolidWorks® Templates – Quick, Easy, and Correct.
The Template Wizard has two major functions. The first function is to help you quickly create or modify your templates (Template Wizard). The second major function is an update tool that helps you update existing drawings with your new templates (Update Wizard).
The creation portion of the Template Wizard guides you through the process of creating efficient custom drawing, assembly, and part templates. In just eight steps, you can create a drawing template from scratch. At each step, best practices are built in to help negotiate the normally difficult process. Creating efficient templates can save a company many hours of work every week, translating into thousands of dollars every year.
Choose from three starter sets of templates, from a blank page, or import your existing AutoCAD or SolidWorks drawings. If starting from a blank page, the Template Wizard comes with over 160 title block elements to help you design your own title block, including ASME Y14.1-2005-compliant elements. Also, it comes with 10 tutorials and over 60 pages of help to guide you at every step. The Template Wizard is the only source for high-quality templates using the latest intelligence in SolidWorks.
For drawings the Template Wizard assists you with:
- Border Design
- Title Block Design
- Units and Tolerances
- Model and Drawing Variables
- File Naming/Folder Setup
The Update Wizard can help you:
- Traverse an assembly and update all drawings associated with the assembly, subassemblies, and components
- Update all drawings in a specified folder and subfolder with a new templates.
- Find and replace text in existing drawings
- Update existing drawings with new templates
- Modify existing templates with the latest intelligence of SolidWorks
- Over 100 title block elements including four pre-designed template blocks
- Create drawing templates in eight simple steps; model templates in five steps
- Integrated into SolidWorks for a seamless experience
- Creates templates in minutes rather than hours
- Simplifies the complex process of developing templates manually
- Dynamic help is provided on every button and menu
- Has a consistent set of drawings for old and new drawings
- Fixes existing template issues with simple step-by-step processes