R&B Mold & Die Design: ElectrodeWorks
About R&B Mold & Die Design:
R&B, Ltd. develops and markets powerful, easy-to-use 3D mold design tools for the plastic mold and die industry. The company was created in 1994 as a separate organization through the combination of Regba Kal, Israel's largest mold maker, and Bercom, a leading supplier of computer-aided engineering solutions for mechanical design and finite element analysis.
ElectrodeWorks™ automates all aspects of extraction, design, management, documentation, and manufacturing of EDM electrodes. Fully integrated into the SolidWorks environment, ElectrodeWorks guides you through the electrode design and production process. You design the electrode through a comprehensive yet easy-to-use interface; the electrode manufacturing and EDM positioning drawings, and the machining files are created automatically.
- Automatic placing and sizing of electrodes from selected burn faces according to customizable factory setup parameters
- Add Clearance enables you to create tangent, normal, and draft offsets at the electrode/part interface through integrated solid trim functionality, powered by our easy-to-use dialogue system
- Drawings are instantaneous and complete, including sheets for electrode manufacturing and EDM burn processing
- Technology is defined through a dedicated dialogue that defines material and allows you to scroll through the built-in surface finish standards according to E, Rmax and Ra
- Process setup of the rough-to-finish spark gaps and the pattern method and definition are defined through the same dialogue, as well as safety z-level penetration for each of the different spark gaps
- Time saving
- Eliminates user errors
- Accessible to all, from novice to expert
- Easy modification
- Allows company standardization