CIDEON Software GmbH & Co KG: SAP PLM Integration to SOLIDWORKS
About CIDEON Software GmbH & Co KG:
CIDEON is a global software & solution provider specialized in engineering processes for SAP customers. As long term development partner of SAP SE, CIDEON offers the SAP PLM Integration to SOLIDWORKS and other leading MCAD/ECAD systems. By efficiently linking the engineering and the SAP side, CIDEON supports collaboration across the enterprise and the services are completed by a comprehensive PLM solution and service portfolio. With some 500 employees across Germany and in the US, CIDEON is part of the Friedhelm Loh Group. The company claim, “CIDEON – efficient engineering”, is a testament to 25 years expertise in both engineering and the deep knowledge in ERP/PLM integration.
SAP SE provides the integrated management of all documents and CAD data within its own Product Lifecycle Management application (SAP PLM).
The "SAP PLM Integration for SOLIDWORKS" is an SAP pricelist product which offers a direct link from engineering CAD to SAP PLM/ERP. The close connection enables data to become available at the early stages of the design process. Product Lifecycle Management thus already begins with the start of the SOLIDWORKS design work and not at the end of this work through an interface. Users are able to access crucial SOLIDWORKS, non-CAD, MS Office and SAP information in a single location while staying in the familiar design engineering environment.
The SAP PLM Integration for SOLIDWORKS is shipped with an easy installation shield and is activated as a SOLIDWORKS add-on application.
Ideal interface for SOLIDWORKS users
- Comfortably operating with SAP directly in SOLIDWORKS
- Easy UI and navigation with a comprehensive overview of all required SAP information
- Direct access to SAP objects, e.g., Material Master, Bill of Material, Change Master, …
- Integrated Viewing
Simplified product development processes
- Access to the design data is coordinated through versioning so multiple users can easily work on an assembly simultaneously at any time without data loss or inconsistencies.
- Continuous availability of current drawings, models and view files for other departments, e.g., process planning
- SAP object authorizations protect data from unauthorized access
- Complete display of the SOLIDWORKS data models in SAP PLM including configurations and external refs
- Block editing of checked-out documents
- Automatic generation of SAP Material Masters using information from SOLIDWORKS
- Automatic derivation of parts lists from SOLIDWORKS structures – the familiar work environment of the engineer
- Comprehensive search capabilities
- Increase efficiency in engineering through a single, intuitive direct integration between SOLIDWORKS and SAP
- Ensure accurate and timely data exchange throughout the product development process
- Enable collaboration of engineering, procurement, production, manufacturing, marketing and sales
- Reduce operating and maintenance cost by integrating CAD tools with SAP Business Suite. This reduces the number of interface and steps between engineering and ERP processes.
- No costs for additional Product Data Management Systems (PDM), since it is fully integrated in SAP ERP