3DSemantix Inc.: 3DPartFinder
About 3DSemantix Inc.:
3DSemantix has developed 3DPartFinder solutions using a proprietary revolutionary geometric shape search technology that brings simplicity to your search for parts. Its finds, based on your search inquiry, and displays suitable matches and ranked them according to their similarities for further analysis directly in SolidWorks.
Initial inquiry can be done in various ways. One approach is to load an existing file of the target part and launch 3DPartFinder for SolidWorks. Another approach is to sketch the 3D shape of the target part in SolidWorks, and then have the search engine find similar parts and related information.
Available for SolidWorks CAD systems or for any other type of Users like in Enterprise PDM (EPDM) it could analyze your Database or EPDM vaults and finds Duplicates and Quasi-Duplicates. No parts classification is required.
3DPartFinder is a shape search product that does for parts what Google® does with text: They find and display parts similar to the initial inquiry. That initial inquiry can come in various ways. One approach is to load an existing file of the target part and launch 3DPartFinder. Another approach is to sketch an image of the target part in SolidWorks®, and then have the search engine find similar parts.
Suitable matches are displayed in an assembly of SolidWorks that ranks them according to their similarities for further analysis. As necessary, you can rotate any part in the assembly and access any detailed information or function available in SolidWorks. You can easily launch another search using any file results returned by the first search, and you can tell the engine how many results to return.
3DPartFinder Analytics could manage database and find Duplicates and Quasi-Duplicates (nearby-parts) to reduce part numbers and inventory or help standardization process!
3DPartFinder for EPDM users is to provide geometric search capabilities to EPDM and non-CAD users!
- Finds all similar parts to a reference based on their shape
- Is fully integrated in SolidWorks and returns the search results ranked by similarity in a SolidWorks assembly
- Finds parts that were created in different references and is independent from any keywords or language in which the part was created
- Launch a search from an existing 3D CAD file or from a 3D sketch
- Signature extraction is native to SolidWorks
- 3DPartFinder will save you a lot of money when you start a new design using one of the part returned by the search, or, even better, will eliminate the creation of a duplicate
- You can select the best part for your design among the search results using any functions of SolidWorks since 3DPartFinder is fully integrated in your CAD system
- Parts found by 3DPartFinder are ranked according to their similarity to a reference and you can immediately access parts data, rotate them, compare them within SolidWorks
- 3DPartFinder is so easy to use and so fast to find all similar parts that it becomes the cheapest and most efficient way to implement part reuse
- With 3DPartFinder, every part to be created becomes an opportunity to reduce costs and deliver your project faster