DPS Software GmbH: TopsWorks: Efficiency Tool for the Entire Sheet Metal Process Chain
TopsWorks is a direct interface between SOLIDWORKS® sheet metal functionality and TRUMPF bend know-how. TopsWorks ensures high quality models that take into consideration material, sheet metal thickness, tools used, and other parameters during the design process. The data can be exported directly into the ToPs Geo format.
- Connection to TruTops production systems
- Import of a bend table into a drawing document
- GEO export to export a sheet metal part to TRUMPF GEO file
- Support of universal punch features with the GEO export
- API interface for automation of recurring processes
- With TopsWorks you can achieve high processing quality with the ability to analyze, process, and correct a 3D construction based on parameters such as material, thickness, processing tools.
- TopsWorks reduces deficient products in production by taking into consideration a “virtual prototype” using all machine-relevant information.
- React faster and more efficiently to customer requests by using the direct transfer of data inform of machine-readable code to the machine readable GEO-format, without the intermediate steps of unfolding, drawing derivation and DXF export.
- TopsWorks makes access to empirical data of the TruTops database more flexible, data that is then available to the whole processing team.
- Production documentation within the drawing derivation used for planning of the process steps provides high-level processing reliability.