Garland Industries LLC: Graderworks
About Garland Industries LLC:
Garland Industries LLC specializes in developing software for mechanical engineering applications. Our software seeks to automate tasks that are difficult or impossible for human mechanical engineers to accomplish by themselves.
Graderworks helps educational institutions quickly and efficiently grade SOLIDWORKS® files and catch student plagiarism. Graderworks extracts mass properties and metadata from SOLIDWORKS files and computes the geometric similarity between students' part or assembly models and the correct answer model(s). This geometric comparison does not depend on how the student designed the part but rather only considers the final geometry of the student's model.
- Automates grading of SOLIDWORKS files.
- Identifies plagiarized files automatically.
- Evaluates geometric similarity of files compared to the correct answer.
- Extracts mass properties and meta-data from files and exports the data to a .csv file.
- Exports feature tree data and saves screenshots of each file.
- Efficient grading of SOLIDWORKS files.
- Increases academic integrity within educational institutions.
- Objective evaluation of SOLIDWORKS files decreases grading errors.
- Raw data is exported to a .csv file which allows the educator to create their own grading algorithm.