MathWorks: Simscape Multibody Link
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its flagship products, MATLAB®, Simulink®, and Simscape™, to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and design.
Simscape Multibody Link enables you to integrate your SOLIDWORKS CAD assemblies with electrical, hydraulic, and control systems, and simulate your entire system within the Simulink environment. A plug-in lets you export SOLIDWORKS CAD assemblies to an XML file and corresponding geometry files. Importing the XML file into MATLAB creates bodies using the geometry files and converts CAD mate definitions to joints. Simulation can be used to refine the requirements for your mechanical system and optimize system-level performance.
- Automatically assembles multibody simulation model from SOLIDWORKS CAD assembly
- Mass, inertia, and location of the part center of gravity automatically transferred to simulation model
- Topology and constraints automatically transferred to simulation model
- Rigid subassemblies in SOLIDWORKS are converted into a single rigid body in Simscape Multibody.
- Fewer iterations on mechanical design because requirements are accurate and consistent
- Fewer mechanical prototypes because mistakes are caught earlier
- Reduced system cost because components are not oversized
- Less system downtime because integrated system is tested using virtual commissioning on a digital twin