MathWorks: Simscape Multibody Link
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its flagship products, MATLAB®, Simulink®, and Simscape™, to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and design.
- Automatically assembles multibody simulation model from SOLIDWORKS CAD assembly
- Mass, inertia, and location of the part center of gravity automatically transferred to simulation model
- Topology and constraints automatically transferred to simulation model
- Rigid subassemblies in SOLIDWORKS are converted into a single rigid body in Simscape Multibody.
- Fewer iterations on mechanical design because requirements are accurate and consistent
- Fewer mechanical prototypes because mistakes are caught earlier
- Reduced system cost because components are not oversized
- Less system downtime because integrated system is tested using virtual commissioning on a digital twin