Synergis Software: Adept PDM for SolidWorks
About Synergis Software:
Synergis Software develops and supports Adept PDM & document management for SolidWorks 3D design software. Adept PDM helps you find, manage, share and control all your SolidWorks product data and related engineering documents throughout the product lifecycle. It provides you with secure access to your critical assets and helps automates your business and engineering processes. The business advantages of Adept are immediate and measurable. With all your information organized, accessible and centralized, you can make better business decisions to help drive growth, reduce costs, and achieve a competitive advantage.
As your partner, we work directly with you from initial planning through implementation, training and on-going support to ensure that you achieve maximum value. Our customers tell us there is no substitute for working directly with the developer. You have access to every level of our expert team. With over 19 years experience and over 1,000 successful Adept implementations, we understand PDM best practices -- whether you're using Adept in a single office, across departments, or in multiple global sites.
Learn more about Synergis Software by calling 800.836.5440 or visiting www.SynergisSoftware.com.
Adept PDM has been a SolidWorks Certified Gold PDM product since 2003. It is designed for companies who want an affordable way to streamline engineering change processes, increase productivity, and reduce time to market.
Adept is tightly integrated with both SolidWorks and AutoCAD-based design products for companies who have a multi-CAD environment. Adept's built in 2D-3D visualization, markup and compare features is world class and supports over 400 file formats.
How Adept Works with SolidWorks
Adept’s integration with SolidWorks ensures proper version control and enables secure, collaborative design. An Adept Task Pane inside SolidWorks gives users the ability to Search, Sign In/Sign Out, Open, Insert and Replace Components, and see status information about parts, assemblies, drawings – without ever leaving SolidWorks.
Adept allows users to perform these tasks within the SolidWorks Task Pane:
- Search by metadata or browse through an Explorer-like tree structure to find files using any combination of metadata fields tracked in Adept
- Access files in an Adept work area/
- Check the status of files (In/Out/On Hold)
- Drag and drop files from any Search Results listing into SolidWorks’ graphics window
- Open or insert a file with options for copy out, sign out, or read-only access
- Select a specific configuration for the selected file
- View and edit the selected file’s associated Adept data fields via the Adept Library Card
- View thumbnail and parent-child relationships (references) for the selected file
The Adept Relationship Tree
In addition to the integrated task pane, there is an Adept relationship tree inside of SolidWorks that mimics the SolidWorks FeatureManager design tree. In this relationship tree, different icons are displayed next to the file name showing the current status of that file in Adept. When you hover over a file name, a tooltip displays information about that file, for example, file name, Adept status, Library or owner. Users can also sign out a file by checking the box next to the file name and selecting the Sign Out button.
Adept Product Options
For non-CAD users, Adept Explorer, a web client, allows users to search, view, markup and assign documents. PublishWave, an add on for Adept, provides integrated publishing PDFs, DWFs, and TIFs and native appplication printing from within Adept's controlled environment.
For more information on Adept PDM or to view our demos, please visit www.SynergisSoftware.com.
- SolidWorks integration, Microsoft Office integration, Enterprise Business System integration, document vaulting, granular access rights control, integration with active directory, batch document importing, automated updates & upgrades
- Full text search & structured search, check-in/check-out, version control, audit trail, flexible data views, attribute & property linking, file relationship management, batch printing & PDF publishing
- Workflow automation, email notification, transmittal automation, BOM automation, web interface
- Visual, mark-up & compare, 2D/3D view & compare, office viewing, advanced mark-up capabilities
- Centralized document control and access
- Secure & control electronic documents & product data
- Instant access to centralized design & business documents; find documents quickly and easily
- Control document versions, manage CAD files & their complex file relationships, including parts, assemblies & configurations
- Automate workflow & engineering change process
- Collaborate across departments & geographic locations, comply with industry standards