PASCAM GmbH: PASCAM WoodWorks
About PASCAM GmbH:
PASCAM GmbH is developing software solutions to improve design, modeling, and manufacturing processes in the woodworking sector. PASCAM wants to provide a consistent, world-class 3D modeling platform for the woodworking industry, based on SOLIDWORKS. PASCAM was awarded SOLIDWORKS Solution Partner Status in 2004 for the CAD engineering product PASCAM WoodWorks. PASCAM is proving its outstanding CAD and CAM productivity solutions and pioneering innovations for a wide variety of customers - regardless of the size of the company, the materials processed, or products manufactured. PASCAM is dealing with exclusive cabinet makers and joiners, as well as mass manufacturers of cabinet furniture, whose products are based on face frame or frame construction (doors and windows) and others that rely extensively on frameless sheet material, like bathroom and kitchen manufacturers, shopfitters, and yacht builders.
PASCAM WoodWorks - The efficient 3D CAD software solution for wood processing companies
Quick and reliable designing and 3D modeling of manufacturing-ready individual pieces and large-scale production, based on wood and wood-based materials is the main spectrum of tasks for PASCAM WoodWorks. Creating and managing various product variants for custom manufacturing is enabled by means of simple configurations. With the help of self-managed databases, users can efficiently draw on existing, self-designed 3D product models and field-proven design templates, which can be customized by parametric programming in a very easy, quick and reliable manner to meet any customer’s demand. Be it in terms of design-related or simple dimensional changes, or changes regarding the materials or the surface design.
Due to the parametric design of the individual components, provided by the PASCAM VariableManager, PASCAM users get a maximum of dimensional variability to easily modify and adapt existing product models, be it individual pieces or product series, a common requirement in the woodworking industry. With the help of the intelligent PASCAM design logic for an easy generation of variant model assemblies, users are able to resize e.g. existing cabinet assemblies very quickly and flexibly from the outside-in; just by modifying the external dimensions of the cabinet assembly. All underlying sub-assemblies, the attached parts and components, as well as the manufacturing features, such as glazing rebates, row of holes etc., are modified parametrically, according to those dimensional changes. So users can customize their product models in the shortest possible time and realize specific customer demand very efficiently and economically.
The included PASCAM user databases increase the reliability, flexibility and efficiency at the design process, without restricting the freedom of design of the product models in any way. The encompassing design freedom, offered by the parametric 3D modeling engine in SOLIDWORKS® remains fully available at all time.
The following PASCAM user databases with customizable templates for the application at new and existing product models are available:
- Part database with full PASCAM Part description and automated modifications
- Hardware components database to manage and automatically apply all kind of woodworking hardware components
- Edge material database to manage and automatically apply edges on new parts/assemblies
- Woodworking joint database for the quick, automated furniture assembly, based on individual parts
- Material database for quick, automated replacing of wood-based carrier and covering materials, as well as laminates, such as veneer PASCAM offers comprehensive capabilities to realize any kind of manufacturing-ready product models, based on solid wood, wood composites and other materials (metal, glass, plastic), whilst all relevant data for order processing and manufacturing is being derived in the process directly from the finished 3D product model. Therefore the necessary model data for the entire process chain have to be entered only once, and any modification to the product model will affect the succeeding process steps. This increases not only the efficiency of the entire operational procedures and minimizes possible input errors, but also facilitates the joint design processes in bigger or distributed design teams.
Among the aspects that can be derived from the product model, just by pressing a button are:
- Simple derivation of 2D manufacturing drawings with sections and detailed views
- Comprehensive BOM and part lists
- Bill of quantities for the calculation