Geometric Ltd.: DFMPro
About Geometric Ltd.:
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services, and technologies. Its portfolio of global engineering services and digital technology solutions for product lifecycle management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle. Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of 4.86 billion rupees (121.6 million US dollars) for the year ended March 2008. It employs close to 3,000 people across 10 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and is ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations. Geometric has a joint venture with Dassault Systèmes, 3D PLM Software Solutions Ltd., which was set up in 2002 with an equity participation of 70% ad 30%, espectively.
The design stage is considered to be the most crucial part in the product lifecycle process. Thus, it becomes important to detect and eliminate mistakes in the design stage itself as the costs rise exponentially if they are detected in later stages of the product lifecycle. DFMPro facilitates upstream manufacturability validation by identifying those areas of a design that are difficult, expensive, or impossible to manufacture. It automates the iterative design review process for manufacturability issues. It also provides a mechanism for manufacturability knowledge capture and reuse for continuous improvement. Using DFMPro customization, organizations can quickly automate in-house DFM practices into their overall standard operating procedures. They can create new rules using VB Scripts or SolidWorks® Macros.
- Easy to learn and use. Seamlessly integrated within SolidWorks
- Common manufacturability checks related to machining, sheet-metal fabrication, and injection molding
- Rule Manager to configure parameters and criticality of rules
- Provides reasons and suggests best practices related to manufacturability issues
- Ability to generate eDrawings-based reports, and quick and easy collaboration on DFM practices
- Catches mistakes early in the design stage
- Ensures past mistakes are not repeated (especially by new design engineers)
- Leverages experience of experts
- Decreases overall cycle time
- Facilitates on-the-job training of design engineers