Thermal Fluid Analysis
Tightly integrated with SolidWorks CAD, thermal fluid analysis using SolidWorks Flow Simulation can be a regular part of your design process—reducing the need for costly prototypes, eliminating rework or delays, and saving time and development costs.
Thermal Fluid Analysis Overview
Thermal fluid analysis enables analysis of conjugate heat transfer (thermal conduction in solids, convection between fluid and solid, and radiation) using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) so you can:
- Detect hot spots in their designs
- Reduce overheating challenges
- Improve thermal isolation
- Leverage thermal performance in their products
SolidWorks Flow Simulation calculates either the steady state or transient temperature fields due to:
- Heat transfer in solids (conduction)
- Free, forced, and mixed convection
- Heat sources (heat generation rate, heat power, temperature)
Temperature fields can be exported to SolidWorks Simulation for a thermal stress analysis.