Easily determine and trace the impact of your design changes on component performance while you design, using the fast, efficient Trend Tracker capability in SolidWorks Simulation.
Tightly integrated with SolidWorks CAD, SolidWorks Simulation Trend Tracker can be a regular part of your design process, reducing the need for costly prototypes, eliminating rework and delays, and saving time and development costs.
Trend Tracker Overview
3D simulation gives product engineers technical insights they can use for better design decisions. With the analysis results, they can change a material, a thickness, or the geometry of a component to meet not just the product requirements, but achieve better performance and quality.
The Trend Tracker functionality of SolidWorks Simulation helps product engineers quickly detect trends in different iterations of a static study, showing results that compare a baseline analysis to subsequent iterations.
- Trend Journal lists details about the baseline and every iteration
- Graphs show trending for important results quantities—view one of the default graphs or add a tracked data graph
- Gallery shows displacement and stress plots for every iteration
- Rollback function allows you to restore the model to a specific iteration
- Add iterations automatically or manually when you run studies or design scenarios
The SolidWorks Simulation Trend Tracker workflow is straightforward so users can embed Trend Tracker in their design process:
- Set up a static study in SolidWorks Simulation
- Enable Trend Tracker functionality and select the initial study (Iteration 1) as the baseline for your design criteria, such as weight, displacement, stress, etc.
- Continue the design process changing the geometry, loads, restraints, or any other features
- Track the impact of key changes by re-running the static study
- Review the results (for your criteria) graphically to find the best design among your iterations