Technical Communication Packages
Whatever technical communication deliverables you need to produce –
- Technical Illustration
- 2D and 3D Publishing
- Concurrent Product Communication Development
- First Article Inspection Report (FAIR)
- Industry Standard Reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.)
- Compare Drawing Revisions
- CMM Data Import
- 3D Engineering Drawing
- 3D PMI Definition and Organization
- 3D PDF template
- Professional 3D PDF
- STP242 output
- 3D PMI Comparison
SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards.
- Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
- Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-consume fashion.
- Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
- Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as eDrawings®, 3D PDF and STP242.
- Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
- Share and archive 3D data directly to free up time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings.
SOLIDWORKS® Inspection helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D legacy data, regardless of whether files are SOLIDWORKS, PDFs, or TIFFs.
- Quickly create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports with stand-alone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms
SOLIDWORKS Composer™ enables you to easily repurpose existing 3D design data to rapidly create and update high quality graphical assets that are fully associated with your 3D design.
- Synchronize technical communication with your design process so graphic elements are updated automatically when there are changes to the design
- Develop your technical communication deliverables earlier in the process and keep them current, instead of having to wait until the product is complete
- Show your product before production using 2D and 3D illustrations and interactive animations
- Make technical communication more visual and more effective for your manufacturing and service teams, suppliers, and customers, regardless of language and culture, helping to reduce the amount of translation
SOLIDWORKS Composer users can routinely create technical documentation parallel with product development, simplifying their process and accelerating time-to-market. Manufacturing Engineer Rob Schwartz of ARENS Controls, LLC relates that for one of their products “I had the instructions done before the first parts arrived on the dock. Not only was I freed from having to wait for parts or assemblies, I was able to put together better content in a fraction of the usual time.”
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Featured Article
Download the SOLIDWORKS Inspection Featured ArticleDownload Now >>