JOB TITLE: QA Engineer
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. subsidiary, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment. For the latest news, information, or an online demonstration, visit our Web site (www.solidworks.com)
DESCRIPTION: The QA Engineer will work as part of the team responsible for guaranteeing customer satisfaction with current and future product offerings of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation by providing quality assurance testing to ensure that requirements are met for functionality, usability, performance, workflow, and robustness. This individual will work closely with product design and the application development team to help quickly identify and resolve issues, and actively participate in improving the QA process of an existing QA organization. This position will be responsible for reviewing specifications, creating manual and potentially automated test designs, performing interactive testing that emulates customer workflows, and reporting and verifying problems.
EDUCATION: B.S. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science. Higher levels of academic achievement preferred.
• Experience with Data Management principals and software
• Experience with Windows Application testing and with testing mobile devices
• Experience with QA Process
• Experience with Software Development Processes
• Strong understanding of the Web, Web Services, and Cloud Computing
• Must be passionate about quality and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis
• Must be a self-starter who works equally well independently and in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
• Experience with programming and software test automation tools are a plus
• 10 years of technical experience in mechanical design or 3+ years of testing mechanical design or analysis software.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience, that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical care for employees and their dependents, as well as employee life, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, 8% Non-Contributory Pension, and 4 weeks vacation.