Senior Operations Engineer - Content Technologies
JOB TITLE: Senior Operations Engineer - Content Technologies
LOCATION: Waltham, MA
COMPANY INTRODUCTION: Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
We are seeking an experienced operation engineer to be in charge of daily operation of the 3D community web site (www.3dcontentcentral.com). Working with integration and IT, the engineer will ensure the site is up and serving visitors 24x7. This position requires a highly motivated and process oriented individual with superior attention to detail. The ability to perform impact assessment, propose solutions and deploy resolutions is essential. A successful candidate will have excellent communication and problem solving skills. Coordinating activities with development, QA, integration, IT is essential. Some software development will also be required when automating operations processes. The role also includes support of R&D activities such as builds, deployments, and releases.
5 to 8+ years of commercial software product development experience. A successful candidate will possess solid experience in managing 24x7 web applications.
BS or MS, in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- Proven ability to successfully manage day to day operation of sophisticated web site or web application (Windows Server 2003/Server 2008/IIS).
- Hands-on experience working with MS SQL server is essential
- Experience with Enterprise Search Platform high desirable, preferred with FAST ESP. Ability to deploy and monitor our FAST search server farms
- Fluent in VBS, Perl, and PowerShell
- Architect, deploy, and maintain production and development servers in virtual clusters (VMware ,vSphere, Amazon EC2)
- Ability to work well with multiple internal departments such as Development, QA, Integration, IT, Technical Support, Marketing and Localization teams
- Comfortable working within the Visual Studio platform
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic and fun to work with
- Self motivated
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.