Senior Technical Writer/Tools Engineer - SolidWorks
JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Writer/Tools Engineer - SolidWorks
LOCATION: Waltham, MA
COMPANY INTRODUCTION: Dassault Systèmes, the 3D Experience Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 150,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SolidWorks, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, DELMIA, 3D VIA, 3DSwYm, EXALEAD and Netvibes are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Position Description: Documentation Technical Writer will handle writing tasks plus tools-related work supporting the Documentation and Localization groups.
Writing (90%): Create and maintain complete documentation for 3D CAD software product in DITA XML format. Gain technical expertise by discovering and dealing with installation prerequisites, by installing, configuring, and using the software independently, and by meeting with key contributors. Meet tight deadlines. Duties include: researching, writing, authoring online help, working with other cross-brand groups in the company to adhere to quality standards for all documentation, supporting language translation.
Tools Support (10%): Work part time on the Documentation Tools team to act as a technical resource for our Documentation and Localization groups. Job profile involves writing and maintaining scripts for our Web Help, managing Content Management System (CMS) output and Localization issues, and supporting the tools needs of our Documentation and Localization groups.
This position gives you the opportunity to multitask between writing and tools work. You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement innovative ideas for our next generation products. The most desirable candidate has a strong technical writing background plus a computer science background with scripting and programming knowledge.
Education: B.S. /B.A. or higher (preferably in engineering, math or science, or computer-related field); Software Technical Writing degree or certification.
- A minimum of 3-5 years writing documentation for system administrators, engineers, and a technically-sophisticated audience of design engineers who use the product.
- Experience in a highly-technical environment and/or with cloud-based applications is preferred.
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A desire to work in a collaborative, cross-brand, multicultural environment is essential, as are superior organizational and time management skills.
- The ideal candidate possesses a high degree of flexibility, independence, and drive, with the ability to persevere through challenging environments across multiple teams and to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Experience with XML DITA is required. Experience with one or more XML editors is a plus.
- The candidate should have knowledge of basic HTML/XML/CSS/JS source code.
- Familiarity with server and database installation and configuration is a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks’ vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Dassault Systèmes is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.