SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Support Engineer
Location: Cambridge/United Kingdom
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. subsidiary, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment.
Duties and responsibilities:
SolidWorks produces the eponymous 3D MCAD package running on the Windows platform, in addition to a range of complementary products, such as document management software, analysis tools and photo-realistic rendering packages. Our products are sold indirectly to end-users by a world-wide network of certified resellers.
The role of technical support in SolidWorks is to offer second-level support to these resellers, and occasionally directly to customers.
Analyse, track and resolve customer issues in a professional and timely manner. Liaise with the Development, Quality Assurance and Product Definition groups to investigate and resolve problems. Diagnose and solve a range of issues, including, but not limited to: deployment, networking, platform inter-operability, PDM and PLM systems, migration strategies and hardware problems.
Develop workarounds and techniques for specific situations and communicate them to customers and resellers. Help develop and implement web based support initiatives including knowledge bases, technical and operational techniques, documentation and model libraries.
- Minimum 2.2 B.Sc./B.Eng./BA degree in Engineering/ Product Design/ Manufacturing /Computing or similar.
- Thanks to our significant customer base in EMEA, fluency in English and good ability with another European language (FIGS) is required.
- Minimum three years of industrial experience in Engineering, System Administration/ Support, Product Design or a similar Technical Support role to the one being offered here.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based computer systems and networks.
- Excellent working knowledge of installation, product activation and Active Directory deployment.
- Ideally, knowledge of CAD, PDM/PLM and database systems, SQL, for example.
- Preferred Qualifications are MCP/MCSE, CNE, or similar.
- High degree of literacy and an excellent telephone manner.
- Ability and willingness to manage own time effectively and to work under pressure.
Compensation and benefits:
SolidWorks offers an excellent salary commensurate with experience; and a bonus plan, which is discretionary. Benefits include a grouped personal pension plan, comprehensive medical insurance for staff and their dependents and permanent health and life assurance coverage. We offer generous holidays and a superb working environment in the centre of Cambridge.
If you are looking for an interesting position, where you can build on the future, we are looking forward to receiving your application. You can expect great career opportunities and a REAL team!
Please apply by email to:
Recruiter | Human Resources, EMEA
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.