SOLIDWORKS Software Engineer – AEC Development
Location: Cambridge / United Kingdom
Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. subsidiary, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment.
Duties and responsibilities:
Design and implement of new user focused applications in the AEC area of the SOLIDWORKS product “Live Buildings”. Projects will be vertical in nature including the User Interface all the way down to Geometric Utilities. Work closely with product definition and other team members in implementing new software solutions AEC design software.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field plus 5 years of experience as a Technical Expert/Leader, Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer or in a similar role to the one being offered.
- A background and understanding of AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) is highly desirable.
- Strong computer science experience with all Windows OS development environments including MS Visual Studio, Visual C++, MFC and STL; linear algebra, geometry, math and related programming skills as well as design and implement software algorithms as part of an overall complex software system.
- Programming skills with a working knowledge of CAD systems.
- Experience with user facing applications and programming with geometric kernels (like Parasolid, ACIS, etc.).
- Must be a self-starter who works equally well independently and in a team environment.
- Fluency in English, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation and benefits:
SOLIDWORKS offers an excellent salary commensurate with experience; and a bonus plan, which is discretionary. Benefits include a grouped personal pension plan, comprehensive medical insurance for staff and their dependents and permanent health and life assurance coverage. We offer a superb working environment in the centre of Cambridge.
If you are looking for an interesting position, where you can build on the future, we are looking forward to receiving your application. You can expect great career opportunities and a REAL team!
Please apply by email to:
Recruiter | Human Resources, EMEA
Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS Corp.