SolidWorks Technical Support Engineer - Electrical
Location: Cambridge, UK
Company Information: Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. subsidiary, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment.
Duties and responsibilities: SolidWorks produces the eponymous 3D MCAD package running on the Windows platform. Additionally, the company produces a range of complimentary products, such as analysis tools and photo-realistic rendering software. Our products are sold indirectly to end-users by a world-wide network of certified resellers.
The role of technical support in SolidWorks is to offer second-level support to these resellers, and occasionally directly to customers.
Analyse, track and resolve customer issues in a professional, timely manner. Liaise with the Development, Quality Assurance and Product definition groups to investigate and resolve problems. Develop workarounds and techniques for specific situations and communicate them to customers and resellers. Help develop and implement web based support initiatives including knowledge bases, technical and modeling techniques, documentation and model libraries.
- Minimum 2.2 B.Sc./B.Eng./BA degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Thanks to our significant customer base in EMEA, fluency in English and ability with another European language (FIGS, preferably French or German) are required.
- Minimum three years of industrial experience in Engineering, Technical Support or Product Design.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic engineering computer tools and CAD tools, ideally SolidWorks’ products, although all parametric modelling and FEA exposure will be considered useful.
- Good working knowledge of PC based computer systems and networks.
- Ability and willingness to manage own time effectively.
- High degree of literacy.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Compensation and benefits: SolidWorks offers an excellent salary commensurate with experience; and a bonus plan, which is discretionary. Benefits include a grouped personal pension plan, comprehensive medical insurance for staff and their dependents and permanent health and life assurance coverage. We offer a superb working environment in the centre of Cambridge.
If you are looking for an interesting position, where you can build on the future, we are looking forward to receiving your application. You can expect great career opportunities and a REAL team!
Please apply by email to:
Recruiter | Human Resources, EMEA
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.