- Shortened product design time by 40 percent
- Lowered product development costs by 25 percent with analysis tools
- Improved product quality by 70 percent
- Increased market share 30 percent
- Reduced number of ECOs by 35 percent
- Cut prototype fabrication costs by 40 percent
Air Liquide is the world leader in industrial and medical gases and related services. The company's core business is to supply oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and many other gases and services to most industries, including the steel, oil refining, chemicals, glass, electronics, health care, food processing, metallurgy, paper, and aerospace industries. Air Liquide needed 3D CAD software that is powerful, easy to use, and affordable.
The company had been using AutoCAD but chose SolidWorks for its ease of use and ability to improve communication with others in the design process. Using SolidWorks eDrawings software, the company can share designs with clients worldwide, sending concepts via email. The design team also uses SolidWorks Simulation for finite element analysis.