Tipper Tie, Inc.
- Shortened product design time by 50 percent
- Lowered product development costs by 25 percent
- Improved product quality by 15 percent
- Allowed us to maintain our current market share
- Decreased the number of ECOs by 25 percent
- Reduced prototype fabrication costs by 10 percent
- Cut scrap by 10 percent
Tipper Tie, Inc., is the leading food-packaging equipment and supply company, manufacturing aluminum clips, clip closure machines, bowl choppers, and plastic netting for use in the meat and poultry industries, as well as packaging closure solutions to a myriad of other industries, including aquaculture, explosives, pet food, sand bags, shellfish, and sealants. The company switched to 3D CAD in 1997 to keep its position as the leader in its market. Time-to-market was critical, and the company felt that a 3D system would help it get products to market faster and also offer better products. It also was looking for a Windows-based system providing ease of use.
Tipper Tie chose SolidWorks CAD software because of its value and ease of use. SolidWorks could do the needed job, and, in fact, reduced product design time by 50 percent. In addition, the software was priced right, and users could get up to speed quickly. SolidWorks CAD software was also Windows-based, allowing the company to move away from its expensive UNIX-based systems.