CSWA - Academic
As a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate - Academic
(CSWA - Academic), students will demonstrate their expertise with SOLIDWORKS 3D solid modeling software, design concepts, and sustainable design, giving them a competitive edge in today's job market.
The CSWA - Academic certification is proof of your SOLIDWORKS® expertise with cutting-edge skills that businesses seek out and reward.
The CSWA - Academic Exam is offered only through the SOLIDWORKS Academic Certification Provider program.
As a SOLIDWORKS Academic Certification Provider, you agree to offer the CSWA-Academic Exam in a proctored environment. Students that pass the CSWA-Academic Exam receive an electronic certificate listing their certification ID and educational institution name. The certification ID can be verified by schools and employers.
To apply, fill out the SOLIDWORKS Academic Certification Provider application.
Exam Length: 3 hours
Minimum Passing grade: 70%
Re-test Policy: There is a minimum 30 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWA - Academic exam. Also, a CSWA exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWA - Academic directory* when they pass.
Exam features hands-on challenges in many of these areas:
- Sketch entities - lines, rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses, centerlines
- Sketch tools - offset, convert, trim
- Sketch relations
- Boss and cut features - extrudes, revolves, sweeps, lofts
- Fillets and chamfers
- Linear, circular, and fill patterns
- Feature conditions – start and end
- Mass properties
- Inserting components
- Standard mates - coincident, parallel, perpendicular, tangent, concentric, distance, angle
- Reference geometry – planes, axis, mate references
- Drawing views
*This option must be set in your online certification account to show up in the directory.