SOLIDWORKS Customer Experience Improvement Program
Join the program to help SOLIDWORKS improve product quality and determine product usage trends.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information is collected?
- SOLIDWORKS software call stack data: helps us identify instability
issues and is used to determine operations that cause quality related issues
- System, processor, memory (size, type), and operating system version
- Video card type and driver
- SOLIDWORKS version and serial number
- Active toolbars and add-ins
- Commands used: command usage data is limited to information about the
commands you use and does not copy your data, so your intellectual
property remains secure
Note: SOLIDWORKS does not access or collect model data or information about any of your other software applications.
Will my system be slower if I participate?
Participating will not slow down your system. SOLIDWORKS automatically creates the performance log files in the background whether you participate or not. When you choose to participate, the performance log files are periodically sent to DS SOLIDWORKS Corporation over the internet with little to no impact to SOLIDWORKS software or system performance.
Will I ever be contacted if I participate?
How can I join or opt out later?
Yes, you can change your participation at any time by clicking Tools, Options, System Options, General, and then checking Help make SOLIDWORKS products better by automatically sending your log files to DS SOLIDWORKS Corporation.