Frequently asked questions for the registration process.
- What is a registration code and how is it different than activation?
- What other uses does product registration have?
- Where do I go to get a registration code for SOLIDWORKS?
- How will I obtain my new registration code for a new version of SOLIDWORKS?
- Will the SOLIDWORKS registration code "node-lock" my installation of SOLIDWORKS?
- How do I get my 30 day trial period as I did for previous upgrades?
- I have a new computer and do not have my SOLIDWORKS serial number in order to install SOLIDWORKS. How do I find my serial number?
- What are the system requirements necessary to automatically register SOLIDWORKS via email?
- I do not have a MAPI compliant email systems, how do I get my registration code for SOLIDWORKS?
- I use SOLIDWORKS at home as well as in the office. Will I still be able to do this?
Answer : A registration code is required releases of SOLIDWORKS prior to SOLIDWORKS 2007. Activation is used on current versions of SOLIDWORKS.
Answer : - You can show additional products by adding additional serial #’s under the Register My Products section of the Customer Portal.
NOTE: All FAQ’s below refer to SOLIDWORKS 2007 and prior releases.
Answer : Log into the. Customer Portal http://www.solidworks.com/customerportal and select the My Products section.
Answer : If you are a current subscription service commercial user and submitted a valid registration record with SOLIDWORKS for the previous version of software that we are currently shipping, you will be given your new SOLIDWORKS registration code upon the installation of a new version, providing the address we have in our database is valid for you. Otherwise, you need to run the Registration Wizard, and the new registration code will be emailed / faxed to you within 5 business days.
Answer : No. Please refer to the Licensing Agreement for further clarification of the terms and conditions under which you can run SOLIDWORKS.
Answer : We no longer provide the option for the 30 day trial period. You must have a SOLIDWORKS registration code in order to install and run the software.
Answer : This number is found on the original CD jewel case or on your original SOLIDWORKS product box. Serial numbers for SOLIDWORKS will not be provided over the phone.
Answer : To automatically register SOLIDWORKS via email, you must have an email client that is MAPI compliant. Note: Some email clients are not MAPI compliant by default and must have this option set manually.
Answer : The Registration Wizard gives you the option to save the information to a text file that may be faxed or manually emailed to SOLIDWORKS. The file is automatically created and shown with a text editor such as Notepad and is ready to be cut/pasted to a non-MAPI email program or printed for faxing.
Answer : Yes. The SOLIDWORKS license agreement states that if the license is permanently installed on the hard disk or other storage device of a computer (other than a network server) and one person uses that computer more than 80% of the time it is in use, then that person may also use the Software on a portable or home computer. For each serial number, you will use the same registration code for your office and home installations. You must register your office installation first.