Territory Technical Manager – Electrical Software
LOCATION: Various locations throughout Europe
DESCRIPTION: This highly visible position will assist in leading SOLIDWORKS entry into the electro/mechanical design software space. Interface closely with Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS network of Value Added Resellers (VAR’s) to bring this new software offering to SOLIDWORKS customers. Key duties in this position include training VAR’s and DS SOLIDWORKS personnel in product positioning and value proposition, pre sales demos and presentations to end users, and documentation of customers’ needs and product improvements to the marketing and R&D organization. This position is ideal for an electrical professional familiar with electrical system level design such as panel layouts, control systems, wire harnesses, etc. Familiarity with electrical system design in industries popular with SOLIDWORKS customers is required (see below). Travel for any given period may be up to 60%.
- Provide comprehensive technical pre-sales support to SOLIDWORKS network of Value Added Resellers and employees in Europe including developing and training personnel on product demonstrations, product positioning, and competitive overviews.
- Serve as a product liaison for SOLIDWORKS Electrical offering for all types of pre-sales activities.
- Deliver product presentations to prospects both at the end user and senior management level. Analyze and track reseller competencies and technical delivery.
- Help develop and answer RFP’s.
- Closely work with the local Major Account team, Product Marketing, and Development groups as well as trade show and user group support.
- Generate sales tools and materials that clearly articulate the advantages of SOLIDWORKS electrical design solutions
- Interface with customers and prospects to directly understand their needs and drive future products enhancements to address these needs
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of experience in electrical systems design (not PCB design) in the markets SOLIDWORKS is popular in (electro/mechanical machinery of all types, medical instruments, electronic consumer products, power generation, automotive/aerospace, etc.) .
Recent college grads desiring a career in technical sales will be considered.
EDUCATION: BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Systems Technology, or similar. Recent college grads desiring a career in technical sales will be considered.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience with electrical schematic (2D) design and documentation. A solid understanding of electrical systems layout, wire harnesses and cable assemblies, control systems, and panel layouts is required as well as being knowledgeable of industry trends. Knowledge of existing electrical software design products (see vendors below) and technical sales experience, especially with software, is a plus. Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable in settings with large groups of diverse customers to smaller groups of senior management with focused needs.
- Highly motivated self-starter, willing to travel. This position requires up to 60% overnight travel for any given period.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of electrical schematic drawing composition, wiring diagrams and/or cabling systems.
- Experience with design and documentation of wire harnesses and cable assemblies.
- Experience with design and documentation of control systems and panel layouts.
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical, Zuken E3, ePlan, Trace Software Elecworks is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS software and/or SOLIDWORKS Routing is a plus.
- To learn more about SOLIDWORKS Electrical, please visit http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/solidworks-electrical.htm
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: SOLIDWORKS offers an excellent salary commensurate with experience; and a bonus plan, which is discretionary. Benefits include a grouped personal pension plan, comprehensive medical insurance for staff and their dependents and permanent health and life assurance coverage. If you are looking for an interesting position, where you can build on the future, we are looking forward to receiving your application. You can expect great career opportunities and a REAL team!
Please apply by email to: