Mechanical Design (CSWA–Mechanical Design)
Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate in Mechanical Design
Recommended Training Courses
- SOLIDWORKS Tutorials
- SOLIDWORKS Essentials
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS 2011 for this exam. Any use of a previous version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files.
Minimum Passing grade
About the Exam
All candidates receive electronic certificates and personal listing on the CSWA directory* when they pass.
Exam may feature hands-on challenges in some of these areas:
- Sketch entities - lines, rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses, centerlines
- Sketch tools - offset, convert, trim
- Sketch relations
- Boss and cut features - extrudes, revolves, sweeps, lofts
- Fillets and chamfers
- Linear, circular, and fill patterns
- Feature conditions – start and end
- Mass properties
- Inserting components
- Standard mates - coincident, parallel, perpendicular, tangent, concentric, distance, angle
- Reference geometry – planes, axis, mate references
- Drawing views
There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWA exam. Also, a CSWA exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.