Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert in Simulation
A Simulation Expert will be well rounded in their knowledge of all areas of the SOLIDWORKS Simulation software. A CSWE is able to solve practically any analysis problem given to them, and is bridging the gap between engineer and analyst.
This certification includes a digital badge issued by Acclaim on behalf of Dassault Systèmes at the successful completion of the test. Please be sure to accept your digital badge by following the instructions included in the email you will receive from Acclaim. To learn more about Digital Badges at Dassault Systèmes and their benefits to you, please visit this link.
Take the Exam
Expert level exams are meant to be the most challenging exams we offer, so therefore no sample exam is provided. If the exam is not successfully passed, you will have to wait 90 days to retake the exam.
Note: SOLIDWORKS 2017 and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium 2017 or later is required to take the exam, and so is the ability to unzip files.
- Successfully passed the CSWP exam
- Successfully passed the CSWA-S exam
- Successfully passed the CSWP-S exam
Minimum Passing grade
About the Exam
The exam consists of 40 questions
- 10 Hands-On questions (worth between 10 and 20 points each depending on their difficulty)
- 30 Multiple Choice questions (worth 2 points each)
All candidates receive electronic certificates, business card logos and personal listing on CSWE directory* when they pass. To show up in the directory, this option must be set in your online certification account.
Exam may feature hands-on challenges in some of these areas
- Linear stress
- Connectors (bolts, pins, springs)
- Shells, including Composite shells
- 2D simplification
- Resolving meshing problems
- Mesh convergence
- Steady state and transient thermal
- Thermal stress
- Resonance frequencies and mode shapes
- Drop test
- Linear buckling
- Linear dynamic (modal time history, harmonic, random vibration, response spectrum analysis)
- Nonlinear static
- Nonlinear dynamic
- Nonlinear buckling
- Assembly Configurations
- Results (stress, displacement, reaction force, connector force)