Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional - Simulation (CSWP-Simulation)
Candidates who successfully pass this certification exam have demonstrated the ability to set up, run, and examine the results of various types of Simulation scenarios. They also have demonstrated the ability to interpret the various results available to them in SOLIDWORKS Simulation and an understanding of the basics of simulation and FEA.
Take the Exam
Note: You must use at least SOLIDWORKS Standard and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional 2011 or SOLIDWORKS Student Edition 2011 or later for this exam. Any use of a previous or lower version will result in the inability to open some of the testing files or access some of the needed functionality.
Recommended Training Courses
SOLIDWORKS Simulation and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional
Minimum Passing grade
About the Exam
All candidates receive electronic certificates, business card logos and personal listing on CSWP directory* when they pass. To show up in the directory, this option must be set in your online certification account.
Exam features 3 categories of questions:
- Multiple choice questions about general topics in simulation and FEA, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Manual calculations of loads and stresses in simple cases
- Several hands-on challenges in many areas of SOLIDWORKS Simulation
The hands-on section of the exam features challenges in many of these areas of SOLIDWORKS Simulation functionality:
- Static, Frequency, and Thermal studies
- Working with Solid and Shell elements
- Working with Beams
- Definition of beams and trusses
- Beam loads
- Beam results
- Applying loads and restraints
- Planes of symmetry
- Non-uniform loads
- Mesh controls
- Use of configurations to compare designs
- Convergence of results
- Result forces
There is a minimum 14 day waiting period between every attempt of the CSWP-Simulation exam. Also, a CSWP-Simulation exam credit must be purchased for each exam attempt.